Unplanned outage: Bend Hub 20051108 - 1450

Stephen Fromm stephenf at nero.net
Tue Nov 8 17:25:28 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 15:33 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> This afternoon around 1450, NERO's Bend Hub became unreachable.  We have
> opened a ticket with LS Networks regarding the outage and are working
> with them to restore service.  We will follow up when more information
> is available.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the NERO NOC:
>
>         email: noc at nero.net
>         voice: 541.346.6376

NERO's Bend Hub is back to normal as of 1550.  LS Networks is still
analyzing the cause of what happened, but initial reports suggest a
broadcast storm that affected all of LS Networks customers in the area.
We are working with LS Networks on preventative measures for the future.

--
Stephen Fromm                         Voice     : 541.346.1712
NERO Operations & Systems Engineer    Fax       : 541.346.4397
UO Computing Center                   Email     : stephenf at nero.net
1225 Kincaid St                       GPG KeyID : A852499F
Eugene, OR 97403-1212
GPG Key Fingerprint: 3EFB 33B7 051C 16B4 03BD  85F3 32FE 7E8D A852 499F